Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"HEY WE'RE BACK" Episode 10

In Episode Ten we meet two guys who have opened a venison-only restaurant in midtown Mahattan; a real life hero of mine, two-time United States table tennis champion Marty Reisman, who tells us about his life then and now. I also spend more time holding for tech support. And finally, I raise the question that all comedians are asked: “Were you a funny kid?” The question and the answer can also be heard on my first CD ever -– Jonathan Katz: Caffeinated -– available on iTunes and Amazon.com.

Click here to listen to the current episode!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We all miss the good doctor.

Thanks for bringing this podcast to us all.

Kyle Latino said...

Glad you're back.

Your cartoon show and your parts in Home Movies are just excellent.

I've got a question. Is there anything funny about Indianapolis? Maybe you can help me out.

Justin (koavf) said...

Dr. Katz (and Kyle Latino),

Doc - I really loved the show. I cannot remember how many lazy afternoons and middays were spent watching Comedy Central in the pre-South Park era when anything would fly (animation, tons of stand-up, MST3K, etc.) It really set the tone for my understanding of awkward comedy, observation, and the outrageous lies of H. Jon Benjamin. I don't think I'll ever truly recover. Many of the bits on Hey, We're Back! have been hysterical, and I've listened to each show a half-dozen times (barring the last episode, which is the weak link for me.) The character of Dr. Katz and the incredible and mundane weirdness that seems to occur when he's around remind of the good old days. Thanks.

Kyle, I live in Indianapolis, and the only thing that is funny around here is the stuff you find on clean-up days after the races.

-JAK

Dana Friedman said...

If you like the show, you should sign up for the mailing list. Get announcements that the other fans won't :). There are cool contests coming up :).

jonathan said...

thanks to all of you for listening. podcasting is lonely but sometimes i sit here in my studio and giggle. that's not bad. i continue searching for recurring segments that have "legs." you know what i mean,

jonathan